From 07/23/2023 to 10/31/2023
- Dental care
- Tuition reimbursement
Our Facilities division is looking for three cleaners join our janitorial team. If you’re a service-oriented and a team player individual who is looking for a permanent opportunity, we want to hear from you.
This position will be working at our main office in Richmond.
: 7:30am to 3:30pm
: 4:00 pm - 12:10am
How you’ll make a difference:
You’ll help create a sustainable workplace that allows people to thrive
Where you’ll work
In this role, you’ll work at our Richmond office.
What you'll do
As a cleaner you will:
- Dusts furniture, desks, filing cabinets, radiators, and base boards
- Keeps washrooms and lounges clean and tidy
- Scrubs, strips, waxes and polishes floors
- Cleans the carpet using equipment
- Removes garbage and empties all bins
- Collects and sorts recyclable products
- Cleans the glass and washes the walls
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Is this a good fit for you?
We're looking for someone who can:
- Be physically active throughout the shift (standing, walking, bending, lifting, stretching, twisting, reaching, pushing and pulling):
- Stoop and bend frequently throughout the shift
- Climb stairs and a four foot ladder
- Lift up to 40 lbs from the floor to your waist
- Lift up to 10 lbs from your waist to shoulder
- Carry between five to 30 lbs
- Push and pull between five to 30 lbs of force
Your experience and educational background:
- Handles industrial cleaning solutions
- Read and understand labels on industrial solutions
- Follow instructions for mixing cleaning solutions
- Adapt to operational requirements and emergencies
Important to know
- A building service worker diploma, certificate or course
- 18 months of directly related cleaning experience is an asset
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Confirm you’re legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC’s COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the “Policy”) is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect.
Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We’re honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self.
Discover who we are.
As a member of our team, you’ll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work — and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Health care and dental benefits
- Optional leave arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Find out what we offer.
Want to apply?
- Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.